According to SLN analysis of the NYC schools for SY 2010 – 2011, SLN Schools are showing improved testing and performance over non-SLN peer schools. The analysis based on the 2011 New York City Progress Report, compared SLN Schools and their peer non-SLN Schools. Some of the key achievements are:
- SLN Schools in each borough outperformed the city average for gains in ELA and math. For K-8th SLN Schools, these gains were 13% better than the NYC average.
- 72% of SLN K-8 Schools received an A or B on the 2011 New York City Progress Report, compared to 59% in NYC.
- 64% of SLN High Schools received an A or B on the 2011 New York City Progress Report - 10% better than the NYC average.
- SLN High Schools outperformed 59% of non-SLN peer schools in 4-year graduation rate.
- On average, SLN K-8th and SLN High Schools outperformed non-SLN peer schools across all culture indicators in 2011. These include expectations, communication, engagement, and safety.