SLN analysis of the LAUSD schools for SY 2010 – 2011, found that SLN Principals are leading their schools to greater improved testing and performance over their peer schools. The analysis compared student achievement data for SLN Schools verses non-SLN Schools. Some of the key achievements are:
- The average SLN School increased by over 10 points over the previous year for each California Standard exam (ELA/math).
- The rate of graduation among SNL Schools using available data shows an 85% rate of graduation, compared to the current average graduation rate in the Los Angeles Unified district of 77%.
- SLN Schools increased Academic Performance Index scores by an average of more than 10 points, a unique achievement that exceeds the California requirements for LAUSD schools of similar academic status which on average saw a drop in their scores for SY 2010 - 2011.
- In English, students testing as below average in ELA decreased by 28% in SLN Schools, where non-SLN schools saw only a 4% decrease in students testing below average.
- Overall, SLN Principals lead their schools to improved testing scores, better academic performance and a greater graduation rate over non- SLN schools in LAUSD.